Monday, March 26, 2012

My Top 5 Audiobook Narrators

I have been listening to several audiobooks for now and so far I have compiled the top five book narrators

  • James Marsters (Spike on Buffy The Vampire Slayer) on all Jim Bucther's Dresden Files books:
    James Marsters fit his role as narrator for this books series to a "T". His vocal talents are great specially when he does the accents and all the comedic snarks by Harry Dresden and of Bob The Skull. It would be a great disappointing if Marsters will not be the one to narrate the next Dresden Files books.
  • Roy Dotrice - George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire books:
    Roy Dotrice's voice for me is best epic fantasy book reader. George R. R. Martin should also keep Roy Dotrice as narrator for the next two books of this series.
  • Elisabeth Rodgers - On Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid series:
    Elisabeth Rodger exudes the sexy but great voice of Georgina Kincaid and I was happy Richelle Mead stick with her 'til the end of the series.
  • Wil Wheaton on Ernest Cline's Ready Player One:
    For a uber geek book Ernest Cline did hire the best narrator in the person of actor Wil Wheaton. Wheaton did a great job or narrating that you would think that Wheaton was the one who wrote the book itself.
  • Robertson Dean on William Gibson's Neuromancer:
    My first impression listening to audiobook version of Neuromancer is that the narrator sounded like Dennis Haysbert (of 24 and The Unit TV series) only to find out the narrator was Robertson Dean. His voice was great and I was dissappointed that he was not hired to narrate the next two books of the Sprawl trilogy. I also learned he narrated the Richard Matheson classic I am Legend audiobook.
Other Related Post Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...