Monday, May 7, 2012

Legend of Drizzt: My Next Fantasy Book Journey

I have been a fantasy book reader for a long time and I admit, I have been focusing too much on the Dragonlance series that I was not able to explore other fantasy series although I have read some of J.R.R Tolkien's books (as well as movie adaptation of "The Lord of the Rings") and the recent TV adaptation of George R. R. Martin series "A Song of Ice and Fire" titled A Game of Thrones. Of these famous fantasy stories, I have not yet explore the world of the Forgotten Realms world which is based on the classic RPG game Dungeons and Dragons.

One particular series in the Forgotten Realms world that I intent to follow religiously is The Legend of Drizzt series which chronicles the journeys of the Drizzt Do'Urden, a drow elf ranger/warrior who is considered by many as the most popular character of in this story setting.

As of this writing, I just finished listening to the audiobook version first book "Homeland" which tells the story about Drizzt history and early life. I am now currently listening to at the first chapter of the second book "Exile". 





Other Related Post Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...